Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Day With Lydia

When was the last day you had a "chilax" day? I mean, really just put aside your worries and pressing tasks, and focused on the people around you, enjoying the time to be with them? Well, today wasn't supposed to be a day like that, but it turned out to be; thank goodness, because I sure needed it! After staying up late for a "moonlight walk" with my sisters, last night, we were all ready to sleep in. Lydia came over to spend the night with Joy and I, at the house where we are house sitting. We began the day with exercising, and then had a great breakfast of banana pancakes with whip cream and chocolate chips (well that’s what Lydia had). Then I dove into packing for camp, finishing up school assignments and watering the yard. Lydia is such a great helper to have around: she was literally my willing slave for the day! Well, God changed my plans to leave for camp today, so I was able to lay aside all the stress and just enjoy the day …with Lydia!
She dressed up and we took fun and crazy pictures. Then we went to the Rogue River for a swim. We have our favorite jumping rock that we swim to on the other side of the river. A whole bunch of Jet-Boats came by, and all the people stared, but they made cool waves for us. Then we made homemade ice-cream (which turned out to be soft serve, but was so delicious!). Oh yeah, we also played with Lydia’s new baby guinea pigs. Lydia is a brilliant, insightful, sold-in-her-faith, good listening, patient, quiet, and sweet sister. I just love her and am so glad I got to spend un-interrupted time with her today!

No comments:

Post a Comment