Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Forward Bible Camp: Part Two

So you read about Charissa and TJ, right? :) Good. It just so happened that Charissa got the grand idea of asking me to be their junior high girls Chapel Speaker this summer. I wasn't sure how it would work out, but God did! After leaving my position with CEF in Polk County, OR, I moved home at the beginning of July. It was perfect timing!
Although I was rather overwhelmed at the thought of teaching junior-highers, I found that I had too many great things to share with them! God really put all the lessons together for those specific girls, as I asked Him to. Topics ranged from purity, and modesty, to valuing yourself as God's Princess, making sure your faith is real - not legalistic, and then sharing your faith (Wordless Book Bracelets). The Themes of the week were: You are a Princess, Jesus is Central, and God made you the way you are and is completely satisfied with you.
I didn't really know how all the lessons were sinking in, until about Thursday, when some of the girls began to share things they were learning with me. I had 7 - 30 min. sessions to teach in all. I wanted the girls to see me as a real person, with real faults, and someone they could come talk to about anything (some girls did:). Praise God for the ability to share my heart with these precious daughters of His. On the last night, during campfire, God showed me just how He had been working through the messages all week. Girls shared how excited they were to learn how to share their faith (Wordless Book) to their unsaved family. One girl broke down while telling us how much her heart hurt for her sister who didn't know Jesus. Another girl shared about a relationship she was in that was wrong and that she knew she needed to get it right. I just felt like a wimp listening to these 11, 12, 13 year old girls talk about how they were going to share Jesus and make changes in their lives. Wow. And I told them how amazing they were!
I just have to say, if you are wanting an exciting change in your life and a chance to love people, you should definitely consider going to camp for a week. God will change you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment