Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ok ...I know that if you were to look at my blog right now...there are just a few words to describe it: lame and sad might be a couple of those words! I admit I am a person of great intentions, but don't always finish what I start. Well, the real reason why this blog has been neglected is because I am a very busy person. I really don't have time! Being a CEF Director, taking Master Classes, teaching Sunday School & Children's Church, attending weekly meetings for CEF and Bible Study, trying to keep up friendships, and then, finally, preparing to hand CEF over to another director and move....you can certainly agree with me that it was just too much.
Yet, I am at a place where I would like to start it up again.
The other day I was talking with my sister Joy. We were discussing the pros and cons (mainly cons) of facebook. Facebook has become so popular that it is not a practical means of keeping up friendships anymore. Instead, I find myself looking at status updates of friends that I never even thought about before they became my friend on facebook. Not that it is wrong; it certainly has helped me connect with friends that I had lost contact with from highschool and before. But I realized that my deepest friendships have nothing to do with facebook. In fact, the valuable friendships around me are diminishing, as I pour time and effort into facebook and not into them.
So now here I am, at a time in my life where I have friends spread out all over the USA and beyond. And I have many wonderful suppoters through CEF that would like to keep up with my life (for which I am grateful!). Yes, facebook is a blessing for staying in touch, but I am looking forward to letting you know what is going on in my life apart from facebook:) I am looking foward to your comments too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment